Thursday 21 October 2010

First Post

The main focus of this year of study is going to be this dissertation, so the choice of topic is a very important one. It has to be an area which I have interest and experience in. I have chosen AI because it has always been a feature that I enjoyed programming. I also feel that it is the area which modern games developers need to look into to create the next big leap forward in gaming.

For this project I want to explore how AI could be used to simulate a natural ecosystem of different creatures. Using different AI methods, such as rule-based and goal-based systems, I want to see how effectively this idea can be implemented.

There are several areas in computer games which could be explored for this project. The decision to work with AI was not taken lightly. It will require a lot of work to properly implement and test this program especially if different versions are to be compared. However I feel up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment